I’ve just sent off this cheery bunting to a fellow blogger for her yarn bombing event this weekend. The grangerange is repeating last year’s successful charity yarn bombing at her GP husband’s surgery in Scarborough. You can read about last year’s success here.
I’ve been reading her posts and admiring the many animals she has been making. All the items are sold off in a closed auction type event and the money raised goes to charity.
Anyway I wanted to contribute something quick and effective.
I used my Stylecraft Special DK stash left over from my 2013/2014 blanket.
My bunting looked a little curly
until I blocked it.
I was quite surprised how well acrylic yarn blocked. I just pinned them into shape on my ironing board, upside down, and hovered about 1cm above with my iron set on steam. I left them just a minute before unpinning them.
I’m sure they’ll be useful to cheer up a corner somewhere.
Love, Lucie xx