This is my changing seasons going out dress. With a couple of occasions on the horizon, luckily it’s turned out just how I imagined.
It’s the discontinued Mimi G Style Simplicity 8084. It has gathering above the bust for fit, gathering below the back yoke on the back, a hidden placket and a matching fabric waist tie in an internal casing. I love this type of waist gathering as the blouson top bodice stays where it should instead of slipping through the belt and needing constant adjustment.
My latest version is a length between the 2 featured on the packet.
To update this for autumn it I wanted to add sleeve length and volume.
I fished out the sleeve pattern from my Sew Over It Freia blouse
and laid it over the S8084 sleeve,
folding up the Freia sleeve pattern at the arm pit so it matched the same width at this point. But I didn’t want the elastic around the cuff from the Freia Blouse.
So I took the cuff from my Suun blouse
as I knew it was exactly the right length to get my hand through without a sleeve placket, but still narrow enough not to fall over my hand.
I simply ran a gathering stitch around the base of the sleeve to gather it in to fit into the narrow cuff.
I’ve left the bottom hem straight but incorporated 2 side slits for a little more ‘swish’.
As before I cut 2 yokes and used the burrito method for the back yoke.
The fabric is a lovely viscose from Walton’s Fabrics in Goldthorpe, Barnsley (not online) .
Next, before I put this pattern to bed for a while, I’d love to make a blouse version of this dress with these added sleeves.
Love, Lucie xx