Yes, my third pair of Sasha pants.
I took the advice of a commenter on my previous blog post and made up the Closet Core Patterns Sasha Pants again, saving myself the headache of seeking out another pants pattern.
That’s not to say I won’t be diversifying in the future, but for now I have a third me-made pair of work trousers.
So, you would think that making up a third pair of the same pattern would be a straightforward affair. Hmmmmm.
It just goes to show that working with a different fabric can throw up just as many issues.
It’s all a learning game and with this pair I have learnt that basting the legs together and trying on for fit without basting on the waist band is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!!
I made numerous alterations to the seam allowances to fit these trousers without the waist band. I undid most of them once I had attached the waistband!
I also had some new gaping issues in the back of this curved waistband in this pair. I had decided to make the waistband up with a centre back seam to allow for taking in or letting out in the future, but I needed it anyway to take the gaping out of these.
I included the front pockets this time.
The fabric is a lovely stable mid weight textured stretch suiting from Minerva. It’s really unusual.
These trousers equate to a rtw pair that I would usually pay £50+ for, but with a superior fit.
So that’s enough of the Sasha Pants for now.
I’m off to make another Melilot blouse as lovely as the green one I’m wearing here.