My blanket is now coming along nicely after a few changes of direction along the way.
I started with a dozen of these and was really pleased with how the colours were forming using my stripy yarn. I had been using a pattern by Frankie Brown found on ravelry.
At this point I thought I should stop and turn a couple into squares to see how this blanket might develop.
Hmmm, suddenly I became a lot less convinced about how the blanket might be suitable for a new born at all. With the density of the crochet, my soft yarn had become less of a cot blanket and more of a picnic blanket!
It’s always a bit sad when something you had envisaged does not turn out quite how you imagine it is going to be.
But then I had a thought to increase the size of the squares, using more of the grey and the more flexible treble stitch.
And, do you know, I think I might have turned this blanket around.
At this size the squares feel softer and more malleable. I doubt it will make a cot blanket, but it will definitely make a pram/pushchair blanket.
And I have other plans for a cot blanket, using this fine cotton I bought for a CAL I got very far behind in last year.
All is not lost.
Love, Lucie xx