A cool wet Saturday was followed by a warm sunny Sunday. With less than 5 weeks until the wedding I set myself up in the garden to wire up my paper roses in preparation for incorporating them into bouquets, table centre pieces and other displays when my mum comes across to help, a couple of days before hand.
I’d made up many paper roses a good few weeks ago. You can find my post here
An early trip to Hobbycraft for a few supplies had left me relatively unscathed. I came back with wire, florist tape, some pliers and a few pearls.
I’d had a brief look around on the internet to see how to wire up my flowers but had found everything a bit woolly so I went with my gut and just had a go.
Using the pilers, I curled the ends of the florist wires.
Then I pushed the other end through the centre of the flower.
You can see into the centre of the flower here
Using the sticky florist tape, I wrapped the tape around the wire protruding from the base of the bloom. I wrapped it several times at the top to create that bulgy bit you get at the base of a rose.
Here’s a close up
To some of my other roses I just glued wooden kebab sticks. I shall use these ones within the table arrangements and also within something else that will remain under wraps until after the day.
Here I’m running out of drying space.
Finally, I say finally but I have another 50 or so roses to make up yet, I added some individual pearls to some of the centres.
A Sunday well spent. After darting inside due to a rain shower, the sun came out again giving us a beautiful evening.
I hope the sun shone where you were.
Love Lucie x
Linking up with Handmade Monday.