When I first started my blog journey, reading other fabulous blogs, I saw these little blog award widgets and dreamt the odd one might some day appear on my blog.
And now that time has come with this Liebster Award.
The lovely Hannah from HugsandKisses nominated me a few weeks ago.
There are a few other awards that I’ll accept very soon, but this was my first one. It has been a great few weeks for the blog.
For those who like a little background on the award it is an award passed between bloggers, sharing the appreciation of the time and care of the developing bloggee.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. ‘Liebster’ is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post. (I’ve found 9!)
4. Go to their page and tell them.
11 facts about me
I have a daughter, Freya, 12, a fiance and a cat. Usually in that order.
I’m getting married in July 2014!!!
I asked my fiance out by text, 9 years ago.
I’m a civil engineer by day, a wanna be craft queen by night
I switch off from work with a cycle or a run. I never feel like going out but always feel better for it.
I love pastry, hence the need to cycle and run.
I have a small(ish) G&T when I get in from work.
I love where I live; in Wakefield, Yorkshire. A short drive to Leeds, a short train journey to the races in York, 2hrs by train to London, on the edge of the countryside so great for cycling and walking.
I met my closest friends though the NCT Bumps and Babies classes 12(OMG!) years ago.
I love eating out, but am a food snob. It has to be something I wouldn’t normally attempt for myself.
Growing up on the North Wales coast; I miss the sea.
Questions for me:
1. If you had to describe your style by comparing it to a fictional character, who would that be and why?
Mr Benn. Many different outfits for the many different roles in my life!
2. Do you have any other hobbies / obsessions as well as those you blog about?
Foooood!!!!! Growing, cooking and baking. And wine.
3. What is your favourite thing you’ve made / posted about and why? Remember to show us!
My Gecko. The pattern was great and I’ve never seen anything like it before.
and my CAL blanket; a nice easy project to relax with at the weekend.
4. And the least favourite?
I don’t keep the evidence.! If I don’t enjoy something I tend to take it down a different route. Life is too short not to enjoy what you make!
5. If you could only make 3 more things and then you had to quit sewing forever, what would you make and why?
A huge patchwork picnic blanket. I have never tried patchwork, although have read a book! I’ve seen a huge sun burst patchwork from youandmie but should probably start with something simpler.
A tailored jacket. My dress making has only resulted in a nightdress so far but I say aim for the stars!!!
A knitted jumper that I would actually want to wear.
6. Where do you find inspiration?
Mainly all of the wonderful blogs I keep reading and Pinterest.
7. How do you feel about the whole lining vs facing vs binding debate (I may be imagining that it’s a debate)?
I’m not enough of an expert to have an opinion!
8. What is your least favourite part of sewing (and do you do it anyway or cut corners)?
Taking up trousers. Boooring.
9. How do you like your surroundings when you sew? I.e. Do you clean up as you go, listen to music, face the window, watch telly? Basically describe your sewing situation.
When I crochet, I’m usually with my family watching the telly or alone in the conservatory looking out into the garden.
When at the sewing machine, in my little crafty alcove, I’ll have a radio show on over the Ipad on Iplayer; once I have caught up with the Archers!
10. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
At the risk of sounding soft, I would like to meet Delia Smith and Kirsty Allsop. Both smart, strong ladies, not influenced by the opinions of others and hugely knowledgeable in their own fields.
11. Do you prefer to make things for yourself or others
Me, so I can appreciate, love them and take care of them (daft, I know). But also for others who I know will appreciate the time and effort put in.
My questions for my nominees
1) Is your work/life/family/craft balance as you would wish it?
2) What else are you passionate about that you don’t normally blog about?
3) Do your friends read your blog or do you keep your personal friends separate from your blogging friends?
4) Why did you start your blog?
5) If you had to choose one craft and discard all others, which one would it be?
6) Do you buy books, magazines and patterns with regards to your craft or are you inspired just by what you come across on the net?
7) Have you started thinking about projects specifically for Christmas yet?
8) How many works in progress do you have on the go at the moment?
9) What do the closest to you think about your craft?
10) Has your craft been taught to you by a family member or are you self taught?
11) What is the best and worst things about blogging for you?
And here are my nominees!
Love, Lucie xx
love that you compare yourself to Mr Benn! such a great character!
A great favourite of my childhood! I thought I would struggle with that question and then it came to me!
Lovely to hear more about YOU and thank you for nominating ME! Golly I have some work to do! x
Sorry, these awards come with some leg work, I know! They seem to come along like buses! I’m spacing mine out. I’ve seen one award going round that awards you 7 awards in one go. Not quite in the spirit of things I think. Maybe we take them too seriously but they are nice to spread the blogging love;)
Yes I know! Tho’ I do think it makes one reflect on what you are doing so it must help develop a blog surely?! Well, it always amazes me that anyone is actually interested in my ramblings; what I like most is the sense of community and the chance to share all that wonderful creativity. The world wide web expands the mind and shrinks the world!
Congratulations on your award, it is so well deserved. I love reading your bloh and seeing all the wonderful things you make.
Thank you so much. Mutual blog love to you too;)
Well done! How exciting, I’m keeping my fingers crossed too for one. I love the gecko- great colours. As for sewing your own clothes, you should just go for it, with your creative eye I think you will be great at it.
Thank you. Just had a look at your blog. I love the layout.
Congratulations and what a nice post!:)
Thank you so much.