I’ve made a blouse and it’s beautiful!!
This is the Sew Over It Ultimate Shirt made alongside the SOI online course.
I have to say that this SOI course beats the SOI Ultimate trouser course hands down. It was a lot clearer and I definitely feel I’ve got value for money from this course which was discounted at Christmas. Having never sewn a shirt before I learnt so much and consequently my sewing confidence has taken a huge boost!
It wasn’t plain sailing though. I cut out a size 10. My intended wearable toile was not good. Unfortunately I had already completed my beautiful collar at this point. Or was that fortunately? At least I had had a good practice!
Don’t look at the face, just look at the diagonal lines coming down from the shoulders -oh and the beautiful, perfect collar.
Can you see my shoulder blades?. It was pulling from there, whilst it was fine across the bust.
I put (threw) it away and had a good delve around Google.
Next morning, before lipstick.
I though I would try a round back adjustment.
This gave me more room for my shoulder blades and general curvature of my upper back (too much computer work, cycling and crafting). However, I also needed to incorporate a dart from the neckline to take up the gap that had been caused by the adjustment which wouldn’t be great if using a plain fabric.
My bedsheet toile was an immediate improvement. Look, the lines have almost completely gone. It was so much more comfortable to wear.
So then I ploughed on, straight into my Liberty Tana Lawn, (still in the sale from Abakhan) hoping the sleeves would fit as foolishly I hadn’t toiled them!
And they did! Perfect!
And tucked in; how I would wear it.
Look, pretty pink cuff buttons.
My first collar stand, button holes, cuffs and successful adjustment!!
Enjoy your Easter weekend
Love, Lucie xx